Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Day 118.....Signed, Sealed, Delivered!


We delivered Maggie's quilt
a couple of weeks ago.
I think her beautiful smiling face says it all, don't you!

Here's is where the bulk of my extra time and energy 
is going these days:


I've enrolled in weaving classes at 
the University of North Georgia in Dahlonega.
It's a terrific class, but I'm challenged.
Warping or dressing the loom, as it is sometimes called,
 is very complicated for me.
I hope it will get easier in time.

I've also been dyeing a bit here and there:


This is a lovely buttery soft silk charmeuse scarf.
I'm very pleased with my results.


....and then there's the knitting:
I'm one of the very lucky members of Laura Nelkin's 
2016 M Club.
We received our first set of instructions about two weeks ago.
I'm coming along on this very fun knit:


I also completed Claire Devine's Earl Grey hat:


....just in time for our latest warm weather.
I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to wear it soon, though.

thanks for stopping by

peace


3 comments:

Jeannie said...

The joy on Maggie's face says it all. I am so glad she loves it. Just looking at the looms makes be break out in a sweat. I'm probably the only one who through my class macrame project in the trash back in the 70's. The scarf is gorgeous, as is the knitting. Have a happy! xo

queenopearls said...

JUDY!!! Oh my stars, thank you for the photo of the glee on Maggie's face!!! And the quilting looks magnificent.
Go you with the weaving class, it looks very intense. WAY outside my comfort zone. I look forward to hearing more about this.
Always beautiful dying and scarves.
~ Christina in FL

Maggi said...

Such joy on her face will have made this all worthwhile or you. They are beautiful together.